Emsculpt: Get a Head Start on Your New Year’s Resolutions
It’s probably fair to say that most of us are ready to put a fork in 2020. Collectively, we’re over it and prepared for 2021 to be our #bestyearyet.
The best way to a better year is through the best version of you. January 1st shouldn’t be able to get all the fun! Start your gym membership earlier, sign up for that spin class, and try one of the most cutting-edge, non-surgical ways to define your muscles and zap fat, Emsculpt.
The process is FDA-cleared for the strengthening, toning, and firming abs and butt regions. The game-changing technology helps fit patients achieve next-level abdominal contouring results and increases the gluteal region’s strength and stamina to help athletic patients take their buttocks to the next level.
Currently, Emsculpt’s purpose is to target the abs or butt by cutting down on fat and building muscle. It joins the ranks of other non-invasive body contouring products, a trend that’s decidedly worth checking out.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Emsculpt uses high-intensity focused electromagnetic (HIFEM®) technology, a first-of-its-kind application of a unique magnetic field that penetrates through the skin to deliver almost 20,000 muscular contractions per 30-minute session. Think 20,000 crunches in 30-minutes.
Ya know, the kind of workout Captain America or Wonder Woman might do.
During the process, the muscles are essentially overworked and release chemicals that signal fat cells to break down. Once the fat cells are broken down, they’re metabolized and released as waste.
WHO ARE THE BEST CANDIDATES?
WHAT’S IT LIKE?!
Judging from testimonials and online commentary, it’s quite an experience. While not painful or uncomfortable, the sensations are different. There are three different cycles with slightly different sensations, changing the muscle contractions from 1,000 times per second to 100 times per second. It’s akin to an intense workout, but you’re lying down.
But one of the best parts of the experience is the lack of downtime. Within 24-hours (or less!), you’ll feel completely normal. No pain. No discomfort. Nada.
Sounds incredible, right?
WHAT RESULTS CAN I EXPECT?
Immediate ones, that’s what.
If you want to get technical, in seven unique clinical studies1,2,3,4,5,6,7 using all four established methods of evaluation, including MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Histology, Emsculpt addressed both the abdomen and buttocks and delivered consistent results in muscle gain and fat loss:
- 19% reduction in subcutaneous abdominal fat2,3
- 16% increase in muscle mass2,3
- Average waist reduction of 4.4cm5
- 96% satisfaction with treatment results5
2018 BTL Group of Companies. All rights reserved. BTL®, EMSCULPT® and HIFEM® are registered trademarks in the United States of America, the European Union and/or other countries.
1–6 Presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, 2018 Dallas TX. 7 Data on file.
- Kent D, Jacob C. Computed tomography (CT) based evidence of simultaneous changes in human adipose and muscle tissues following a High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic Field (HIFEM) application: a new method for non-invasive body sculpting.
- Kinney B, Lozanova P. High-Intensity Focused Electro-Magnetic (HIFEM) therapy evaluated by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): Safety and efficacy study of a dual tissue effect based non-invasive abdominal body shaping.
- Katz B., Bard R., Goldfarb R., Shiloh A., Kenolova D. Changes in subcutaneous abdominal fat thickness following High-Intensity Focused Electro-Magnetic (HIFEM) field treatments: A multi center ultrasound study.
- Weiss R, Bernardy J. Induction of fat apoptosis by a non-thermal device: safety and mechanism of action of non-invasive HIFEM technology evaluated in a histological porcine model.
- Jacob C., Paskova K. A novel non-invasive technology based on simultaneous induction of changes in adipose and muscle tissues: Safety and efficacy of a high intensity focused electromagnetic field device used for abdominal body shaping.
- Busso M., Denkova R. Efficacy of High Intensity Focused Electro-Magnetic field therapy when used for non-invasive buttocks augmentation and lifting: A clinical study.
- Jacob C., Kinney B., Chilukuri S., McCoy et al. High Intensity Focused Electromagnetic technology (HIFEM) for non-invasive buttocks lifting and toning of gluteal muscles:
A multi-center efficacy and safety study.