The Best Spa Treatments for Each Season
Our environments have a massive effect on us. Each season leaves a unique stamp on our skin and bodies, from differences in air temperature to partaking in seasonal activities. These changes don’t stop at sunscreen, moodiness, or changing up your skincare game. In reality, even planning your med spa trips according to the season is a valuable practice to get the best quality results.
What’s the best skin treatment for spring?
When is the best time for body contouring?
Should you get laser treatments after sun exposure?
Create a solid plan for your treatments and reap the massive benefits!
When spring hits, bikini season is slowly creeping upon us. That means more fun, more pool parties, and more sun exposure. It also means we’re getting ready to show off our toned legs and hardened abs to our Insta following. New beginnings and new muscles!
It also means we’ve probably just got home from Spring Break and (possibly) punishing our skin with an uptick of sun exposure. Maybe you’re a diligent sunscreen wearer — and we all should be! — but that extra dose of beach-induced sun can make you an awful candidate for any laser treatments.
After a week of fun in the sun, your skin becomes hypersensitive to light. This means any type of laser treatment can leave you with hyperpigmentation, scarring, or freckling — none of which are ideal!
For spring, we suggest sticking to body contouring and bikini prep.
- Emsculpt. We’ve talked about Emsculpt before, but only because it is such an excellent service. It’s the first FDA-cleared process for strengthening, toning, and firming abs and the butt regions. You can expect immediate results with minimal downtime. Win-win!
- CoolSculpting. Like Emsculpt, we’re huge fans of CoolSculpting. Using a non-surgical fat-freezing procedure, this process destroys fat cells in those stubborn areas you’re struggling to lose. Plus, little to no pain, side effects, or downtime!
Okay, we’ve made it to better, sunnier days. Our bodies are rocking, and the pool parties are in full swing. You’ve lathered up on sunscreen, and you’re showing off your monogrammed sunhat. We’re in the best days.
You (obviously) still want to stay away from laser treatments for summer because of the reasons discussed above. If you’re desperate to get in for hair removal or some other treatment, you’re going to need at least two weeks leading up to and two weeks after your appointment to limit any damage. That means you’re missing a whole month of fun in the sun, which just sounds like a bummer.
While it’s crucial for your skin always to apply sunscreen and avoid sunburns at all costs, we know slips happen. Instead, focus on treatments that don’t require hibernating for a month during 70-degree days.
For summer, let’s talk about injectables and semi-permanent makeup.
- Jeuveau. Like BOTOX and Dysport, this is an injectable neuromodulator that works by relaxing targeted facial muscles to smooth wrinkles from smiling, frowning, and laughing. Sunburned skin is difficult to treat, so you need to avoid heavy exposure, but you won’t be stuck inside for days on end with this treatment!
- Semi-permanent eyeliner. Semi-permanent makeup is a type of cosmetic tattooing that gives you long-lasting, pool-resistant eyeliner — bye-bye, raccoon eyes.
- Chemical peels. Tried and true. Classic. Iconic. Call them whatever you will, but chemical peels have been around for the long haul for a reason. Perfect for evening skin tone, texture, targeting hyperpigmentation, minimizing acne, and improving the appearance of aging skin.
- Microneedling. Decrease pore size, diminish fine lines, and target hyperpigmentation. Microneedling is a form of collagen induction that is safe for the face and body.
Finally, it’s time to bring back the lasers. While it may seem counterintuitive to focus on laser hair removal and other skin treatments during a season where you spend more time inside with your plants than you do outdoors with the public, it’s an excellent option for your skin.
Winter is well-known for its harsh, skin-drying temperatures. Wind irritation and dull skin come with the territory, so you definitely don’t want to skimp on hydration treatments. But we’re here to talk about lasers. Finally!
- Laser hair removal. We don’t know about you but saying goodbye to those bi-weekly Brazilians sounds like a little slice of heaven on earth. No matter your skin type, laser hair removal is an excellent option for those looking to reduce body hair permanently. Armpits, bikini lines, legs, or ears — it’s all fair game!
- Photofacial IPL. Reduce the appearance of age spots, freckles, broken capillaries, and rosacea while — bonus — tightening the skin!
It’s important to remember that these are simply guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Many factors go into candidacy, and discussing them with the med spa beforehand is always your best course of action.
If you’re ready to get started on your spring treatments, make sure to book a consultation today!